Here is the sixth repentance of Pistis Sophia, side by side translation. Desktop view recommended.
1. I have sung praises to thee, 0 Light, in the darkness below.
2. Hear my repentance, and may thy light give heed to the voice of my entreaty.
3. 0 Light, if thou dost remember my sins I shall not be able to come before thee, and thou wilt forsake me.
4. For thou, 0 Light, art my Saviour on account of the light of thy name. I have believed in thee, 0 Light.
5. And my power believed in thy mystery. And furthermore, my power trusted in the light, when it was in those of the height, and it (my power) trusted it (the light) when it (my power) was in the Chaos below.
6. May all the powers within me trust the light, when I am in the darkness below, and may they trust it when they come to the place of the height.
7. For it (the light) is merciful to us and saves us, and there is a great mystery of salvation within it.
8. And it will save all the powers from the Chaos on account of my transgression, because I have forsaken my place, I have come down to the Chaos.
1. I have sung praises unto thee, O Light, in the darkness below.
2. Hearken unto my repentance, and may thy light give heed to the voice of my supplication.
3. O Light, if thou thinkest on my sin, I shall not be able to stand before thee, and thou wilt abandon me,
4. For thou, O Light, art my saviour; because of the light of thy name I have had faith in thee, O Light.
5. And my power hath had faith in thy mystery; and moreover my power hath trusted in the Light when it was among those of the height; and it hath trusted in it when it was in the chaos below.
6. Let all the powers in me trust in the Light when I am in the darkness below, and may they again trust in the Light if they come into the region of the height.
7. For it is [the Light] which hath compassion on us and delivereth us; and a great saving mystery is in it.
8. And it will save all powers out of the chaos because of my transgression. For I have left my region and am come down into the chaos.