Part 2 (of 13) of the side by side translations of the Repentances of Pistis Sophia. This is the second repentance. Once again, this is best viewed on desktop mode as the translations will appear side by side. They do not do this in mobile mode.
I. 0 Light of Lights, I have believed in thee. Do not leave me in the darkness until the completion of my time.
2. Help me and save me in thy mysteries. Incline thy ear to me and save me.
3. Let the power of thy light save me and carry me to the aeons on high, for it is thou who savest me and takest me to the height of thy aeons.
4. Save me, 0 Light, from the hand of this lion-faced power, and from the hands of the emanations of the deity, Authades.
5. For thou, 0 Light, art the one in whose light I have believed and in whose light I have trusted from the beginning.
6. And I have believed in it from the hour that it emanated me forth. And thou indeed art he who caused me to be emanated forth. And I have indeed believed in thy light from the beginning.
7. And when I believed in thee, the archons of the aeons mocked me, saying: she has ceased in her mystery. It is thou who wilt save me. And thou art my Saviour. And thou art my mystery, 0 Light.
8. My mouth has been filled with glory, so that I might tell the mystery of thy greatness at all times.
9. Now, 0 Light, do not leave me in the Chaos during the completion of my whole time. Do not abandon me, 0 Light.
10. For my whole light-power has been taken away from me. And all the emanations of the Authades have surrounded me. They wanted to take all my light from me completely, and they watched for my power.
11. They were saying at the same time to one another: the light has left her; Let us seize her and take away all the light within her. The light has left her; the light has left me.
12. On account of this, 0 Light, do not cease towards me. Turn thyself, 0 Light, and save me from the hands of the merciless.
13. May those who want to take away my power fall and become powerless. May those who want to take away my light-power from me be wrapped in darkness and exist in powerlessness.
1. Light of lights, in whom I have had faith, leave me not in the darkness until the end of my time.
2. Help me and save me through thy mysteries; incline thine ear unto me and save me.
3. May the power of thy light save me and carry me to the higher æons; for thou wilt save me and lead me into the height of thy æons.
4. Save me, O Light, from the hand of this lion-faced power and from the hands of the emanations of god Self-willed.
5. For it is thou, O Light, in whose light I have had faith and in whose light I have trusted from the beginning.
6. And I have had faith in it from the time when it emanated me, and thou thyself didst make me to emanate; and I have had faith in thy light from the beginning.
7. And when I had faith in thee, the rulers of the æons mocked at me, saying: She hath ceased in her mystery. Thou art my saviour and thou art my deliverer and thou art my mystery, O Light.
8. My mouth was filled with glorifying, that I may tell of the mystery of thy grandeur at all times.
9. Now, therefore, O Light, leave me not in the chaos for the completion of my whole time; forsake me not, O Light.
10. For all the emanations of Self-willed have taken from me my whole light-power and have surrounded me. They desired to take away my whole light from me utterly and have set a watch on my power,
11. Saying one to another together: The Light hath forsaken her, let us seize her and take away the whole light in her.
12. Therefore then, O Light, cease not from me; turn thee, O Light, and save me from the hands of the merciless.
13. May they who would take away my power, fall down and become powerless. May they who would take away my light-power from me, be enwrapped in darkness and sink into powerlessness.